"When everyone else is more comfortable remaining voiceless rather than fighting for humans that have had their rights stolen. I might not be the same, but that’s not important; no freedom ‘til we’re equal, damn right I support it."
Today, some friends and I stood on corner of a busy intersection during rush hour holding signs asking people to vote for gay marriage to be legalized in our state. We received a lot of positive reactions, including several people coming over and thanking us for doing what we were doing. One man even bought Starbucks hot chocolate for our group. However, we received our fair share of hate as well. We were flipped off, told that what we were promoting was “wrong,” and had numerous profanity yelled at us. It kind of makes me laugh that these so-called “mature” adults had nothing better to do than harass a bunch of high school kids.
This is something that has become more and more prevalent in our society and I just want you all to know my position on this issue. Yes, I consider myself to be a Christian. Yes, I am a straight female. But yes, I also fully support the legalization of gay marriage. Love is love. So why do we have to discriminate?
**credit abbey-normal for the pic**
- maggievengeance reblogged this from rigidliz
- rigidliz reblogged this from wildnorth
- rigidliz likes this
- findthemiddlepath reblogged this from wildnorth
- catchinguptotired likes this
- sissero likes this
- anaaaaahittt reblogged this from wildnorth
- baileywalkera reblogged this from endlessamongthestars
- endlessamongthestars reblogged this from wildnorth and added:
- bluerightankle reblogged this from glowstarsandticklewars
- daytimeandnighttime reblogged this from wildnorth
- daytimeandnighttime likes this
- glowstarsandticklewars reblogged this from wildnorth
- wildnorth posted this